What PIH Incidents are Included?
This dashboard only includes PIH incidents that are hate crimes (or crimes motivated by hate), harassment, unlawful discrimination, or when a campus stay away letter or order of protection has been issued against the person alleged to have engaged in an incident. We will respond to all reported PIH incidents that are consistent with the established criteria, and we recognize all incidents may have harmful impacts, even if they do not rise to these levels.
Community PIH Incidents
Community PIH Incidents likely involve an incident that rises to the level of:
- A hate crime or a crime based on hate
- Unlawful discrimination
- When a campus stay away letter or order of protection has been issued against the person alleged to have engaged in an incident.
See information about free speech and inclusion, including definitions of these and hate crimes.
Examples of incidents that will likely not be on this page, include but are not limited to:
- roommate or interpersonal conflicts,
- controversial events that meet University event planning requirements
- an incident that targets an individual but does not have a community impact.
About the Dashboard
There are filters for protected classes and tags for three statuses: recent, reviewing, review completed. Each incident will include information about what happened, what is being done, and if students or others need to take certain actions, those will be included as well. Additionally, these sections will be updated accordingly as additional steps are taken. Specific names and identifiers will likely be redacted.